The Kansas Department of Commerce, the Kansas Hispanic and Latino American Affairs Commission (KHLAAC) and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City will sponsor the second Hispanic Business Forum on July 23 in Overland Park. This forum follows one held in September 2011 in Dodge City. Registration for this event has been extended to July 16.
WHAT: Hispanic Business Forum, sponsored by the Department, KHLAAC, and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City. Topics to be covered include gaining access to capital, using state and federal programs, attracting customers and overcoming challenges to growing a small business.
WHEN/WHERE: 8:30-11:30 a.m., July 23, in the Regnier Center, Johnson County Community College, 12345 College Blvd., Overland Park, Kan. 66210.
WHO: State officials, including Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback, Commerce Secretary Pat George; economic development representatives; and business and community leaders from the Hispanic community. Speakers include:
• David and Sarah Chavez, Latin Pointe, Olathe.
• Manuel David, Global Control Systems, Lenexa.
• Teresa Salinas, McDonald’s, Roeland Park.
• Linda Schmidtberger, Diamond S. Vineyard and Winery, Russell.
• Nilsõn Goez, Infinite Energy Construction Inc., Grandview, Mo.
• Gabe Munoz, director of sales, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City.
• Bernardo Ramirez, executive director, Hispanic Economic Development Council.
• Greg Panichello, state director, Kansas Small Business Development Center.
• Robert Boyle, CEO, Justine PETERSEN (a nonprofit organization) in St. Louis.
• Rachel Hack, Kansas City community manager, Google.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: To register, contact the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Kansas City at (816) 472-6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.