The Incumbent Worker Training Program provides grants to employers to assist with certain expenses associated with skills upgrade training for full-time employees of the company. Priority will be given to projects that:
- address a strategy to avoid a significant layoff
- identify a model that will make Kansas’ current or future workforce more competitive
- allow employees to achieve significant upgrade in skills
- operate industries or programs that have been targeted by the Local Workforce Investment Board
- address a significant occupational demand, and/or
- demonstrate strong partnerships with a Local Workforce Investment Board in the identification, development and delivery of the project.
The Incumbent Worker Training Program is funded by the Federal Workforce Investment Act and administered by the Kansas Department of Commerce and Local Workforce Investment Boards.
Shelly Thompson, Adult Services Coordinator
Topeka, Kansas 66612
Phone: (785) 230-8158
Fax: (785) 296-3490