Arts Integration Programs support the role the arts play in all levels of education, community service, and workforce development. This program provides funding for educational institutions, arts organizations, and community service non-profits to use the arts to increase student success, foster creative thinking, develop critical job skills, and enhance community development.
Arts Integration Programs are awarded in three categories:
- Visiting Artists: This category provides funding for eligible organizations to engage and deepen the impact of arts programming on local and underserved audiences through exposure to and interaction with professional visiting arts. Presenters may book artists in any discipline, not just in performing arts. Projects should strive to integrate an arts discipline into non-arts content areas; help interpret an exhibition, performance, or presentation; and support community development goals and objectives.
- Integrated Arts Education: This category supports new or expanded educational programming that integrates arts learning into non-arts curriculum and content areas to address emerging technologies, areas of skills shortages, STEM curricula, workforce readiness, and increase student performance.
- Innovative Partnerships: This category supports innovative programming between arts organizations and non-arts organizations to impact a variety of community and/or economic development goals. Arts organizations are encouraged to partner with other community entities (hospitals, prisons, etc.) to develop arts-centered programs that address community needs such as public health, transportation, tourism, unemployment, aging, corrections, etc.
Please review program specific policies here:
Please review category specific guidelines here:
Integrated Arts Education
All applications must be submitted via an online form: https://kansascaic.submittable.com
- Final FY16 Application Deadline: Feb. 19, 2016
- Grant period: March 29, 2016 – Dec. 31, 2016 (note: approved projects that end June 30, 2016 may be given priority based on available funds).
Kansas Department of Commerce - Creative Arts Commission Logo
Kansas Department of Commerce - Brand Standards
Request for Payment Form